Install Visual Studio Code and the Python extension¶
- Download VS Code and install
- Install the Python extension by clicking on Extensions and searching for "Python"
- Open the
mfe-introductionfolder created in the previous step
Create a file called
#%% print("Python may be harder to learn than other languages since") print("there is rarely a single approach to completing a task.")
- Click on Run Cell
#%% makes it a magic cell
Install Pycharm Professional¶
- Download PyCharm Professional and install using the 30-day trial. You can get a free copy using your academic email address if you want to continue after the first 30 days.
- Open PyCharm, and create a new project called
- Open File > Setting and select Python Interpreter. Select the Anaconda interpreter if it is not already selected.
Create a new python file called
print("Python has a steeper curve than MATLAB but more long-run upside")
- Right-click on this file, and select "Run".